Objective: To contribute to the strengthening of the General Directorate of Senegalese Abroad (DGSE) to develop the territorial delimitation process of Senegalese migration policy.
• Organisation of an event for the International Migrant Day (18 December 2018). It was one of the very few
demonstrations taking place in Dakar to commemorate the migrants (Organised by the Direction Générale des Sénégalais de l’Extérieur (DGSE) du Ministère des Affaires Étrangères et des Sénégalais de l’Extérieur with support of the UGP)
• Organisation of an event for the International Migrant Day (18 December 2019), this time in Sedhiou, as a symbol of the beginning of the process for the territorialisation of migration public policies.
• Organisation of regional workshops (at Sédhiou, Kolda, Tambacounda et Kaolack) for the exchange of good practices at local level on awareness raising on the area of migration, reintegration of migrants and the creation of dialogue mechanisms at regional level. (Mars 2019). Organised by DGSE, l’OIM, l’AECID et l’UGP
• Organisation of a workshop to establish the National Dialogue and Cooperation Framework on migration (Cadre National de Concertation et Dialogue sur la migration) and presentation of its key role:
• Promote a global approach for migration governance in Senegal
• Establish a permanent dialogue between the key actors on the area of migration, through an inclusive and
• Capacity building of the he General- Directorate of Senegalese Abroad (Direction Générale des Sénégalais
de l’Extérieur (DGSE)) on migration issues
• Reinforcement of the regional Offices for Reception, Orientation and Monitoring of returned migrants (BAOS):
• Prepare for the opening of the BAOS
• Providing furniture and material for the offices (in process) through procurement procedures
• Launching the process to select and hire the staff of the offices
• Support to the drafting of the Annual Working Plan with its budget (Plan de Travail Budgétisé annuel –
PTBA) and the Quaterly Working Plan with its budget (Plan de Travail Budgétisé Quadrimestriel – PTBQ)
• Consolidation of the data basis to keep a registry of the returned migrants.
Migration; security; conflict resolution
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.